Monday 15 May 2017

Shortcut To Happiness



I have a feeling that i will be reading whatever i write today over and over again till the rest  of my life. I am pretty damn sure about it. Lately i have been in the darkest place of my life. The experience so far has been like living in Hell with the Devil himself. I know the pain of living in this metaphorical  hell that i am talking about.

Over the course of time i have had many strange thoughts just like any ordinary human being. I have never had such thoughts in the past. Although things have changed drastically after my health has taken a toll. I have been in the lowest place of my life after falling sick. Well i guess that is how life is for me and many. Life is not fair for all and i have learned to accept it and live with it.

Recently i have been witnessing a string of suicides that have gripped this city and the world. Urban life has taken the best out of many. Expectations dont match reality and that is where one starts to feel the emotion of despair strongly in them. I know what they are feeling because me and most of them are in the same boat. I associate myself with them in the last scene of the movie Titanic where few come out of despair but many die. I would say the last scene in the movie Titanic is the best way to put it.

Although I feel ending ones life is the right thing to do when one cannot find a solution/fix to the problem. Recently a gynecologist in Mumbai ended her life as she could not find a solution to her problems. I agree to what she has done in spite of what people have to say otherwise. She was not able to find a solution in her messed up life and did what she felt is right. Mary kills people is an American Sitcom that has dealt with this topic. I love the fictional character who  helps people in their darkest period of life. It is very difficult for people to move on in life with intense pain and suffering. From my perspective ending the pain and suffering is the right thing. I would definitely like that for myself.

Still it is easy to end it and difficult to live. Life was never  meant to be easy and never was today tomorrow and for centuries to come. I must realise it sooner or later that there are no Shortcuts to Happiness. It is for me and many. When it comes to finding happiness all of us are on the same boat again. My simple definition in finding happiness is As you sow so shall you reap. One does not need to be a rocket scientist to understand this simple concept of life. There are no shortcuts in sowing a seed and reaping fruits. Finding happiness takes its own sweet time if he/she is doing the right thing. At times there will be things that will go wrong and one must anticipate for such things to happen. All i can hope is the movie Pursuit of Happyness be a inspiration for me.











When things go wrong all one can do is to see if they can weather the storm. One has to be grateful in the process of what they have than comparing to what they have lost. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy has helped me and i hope it should in the long run too. I have the worst symptoms man has ever seen but i am still trying to work through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. I feel in life SHIT HAPPENS.

When shit happens or as i like to put it when Shit hits the fan i have to stay calm.





I like to to think of  the song 99 Problems when i am in such a situation. I have got 99 problems but a biAtch aint one is the way to go. I have got not one to please and there is no need for me to be a kiss ass for anyone on earth. I have to carry my own cross like many who do it in this world. All i have to do is concentrate on balancing and carrying my cross. There are no shortcuts in dealing with my own cross crisis. One has to help himself in such a situation and may be God will help me eventually.


       




Carrying ones cross is no easy task. I like to think of myself as Pi in the movie Life of Pi. Pi in a way carried his cross and had to navigate his way to life. When the the going gets tough the tough gets going is another song for me. I should in this tough time gets inspiration from the movie Life of Pi. I have to find my own road from within is the credo .


In the mean time while juggling with my own cross the Devil around is going to beat the fuck out of me. The movie Shortcut to Happiness and Bedazzled has touched upon this topic with humour. The SHE DEVIL lures you with success/money and traps you in her convoluted web. One will find it very difficult to come out of such a mess if they find themselves trapped in it. All i can do currently is Laugh my pain thinking of such stories while dealing with the SHE DEVIL in my life.



















For the time  being happy is a choice and i must use my choices well. To hell with the SHE DEVIL.





                             
             

















                      


















                                                                                                                                                                                                               























No comments:

Post a Comment