Sunday 4 September 2016

The man who doesn't suffer fools - Rule of Thumb


I am a fool who is suffering fools. What am i supposed to do and how am i supposed to behave is a thought that never tinkers me as long as i am within limits. I have an inbuilt subconscious reasoning in place to handle such thoughts. It has been guiding me my whole life. I know for sure that i will never be able to argue my case with a irrational human being ( Modern humans on planet earth) and my voice will not be heard no matter how much i try. I may not be right and i should accept it when i am wrong keeping in mind Gandhi. Altough today morning i strike a cord with an article written in paper. Before i go into it i have to clear few things in my head to validate the articles claims.

 I have no blueprint or a protocol to live my life. Holy books for sure but rationally speaking there are limits/extents that you can stretch to if you want to live. Excuses again but then it comes down serving money or god. I choose money because i want to live. I know for sure that majority of us fall into this category and nothing can shake the current scenario. All of us carry symbols associated with religion although it is quite the opposite.  I have been living solely on the basis of a impulse based on the current day herd mentality. Impulse has driven me and will drive me today and tomorrow. Of what i have seen humans are bags of  different emotions. Not all of us are synchronized to it which leads to coining the term Difference of opinion/Agree to disagree. All have different takes on the plight of current day modern society which is often the reason of conflict. We live in  a world of conflict driven by a impulse and emotion. I cant help it but be a part of it. Attitudes towards life is that defines you and the country which you live in.

 Altough current day scenario is such that things can take a wrong turn. The same society that praises you can carry out a witch hunt. It is so obvious on a daily basis when you read news papers. Being a fool and handling fools is the toughest thing to do. I am a fool because i dont know what to do and how to handle other fools that are on the same page as me. I cant put myself as Mr Self righteous and i dont plan to be one as i am a member of a stiff necked society.

The article We the people written by Suhel Seth highlights my plight that i need to keep in mind. I have and will be having a handling people crisis. Points which he makes in the article can keep me at peace. I call it my moment of Zen

Quotes from the article

Pointer 1 - Dealing with Herd Mentality (Bokas)  -  Flood in Delhi/Gurgaon - City submerged in water - Badmouth/Curse the administration - Swear at cops - Rains subside so our angst. This is the routine behavior of We People of India. We are angered easily and forget as quickly and go back to our errant ways.

Pointer 2 - Dealing with Hypocrisy - We live not in ethical times but in convenient times. When it is convenient we will abuse and hurl all kinds of slurs and when it is not we will return to our cages of civility. We curse the concept of bribe and yet the first to bribe the moment we know we can get away. We dont care how filthy our roads and surroundings are as long our abodes are clean and comfortable.  We dont care if the neighbor is being burgled as long as we are safe. The fact that a man injured in the road was left to bleed to death by onlookers says a lot about us and here we cant blame.

Point 3 - Dealing with ethics - We will rightfully complain if a hospital bed is denied to an ailing relative and yet we bother tinkering with ethics if we cant get our way. Individuals easily absolve ourselves of all accountability and blame the system. Cancer in our system is fueled by lack of values and ethics.

Point 4 - Family and Environment -  Lack of shame is an essential ingredient of our lives. Shame has disappeared from our lives. By shame i mean the ability in the first place to separate right from wrong. Society dispenses with shame and looses  integrity. All are rushed to climb the next blue mountain, trampling on values is par for the course.

Point 5 - Morality - Recaliberate Indian ethos - Before we dream to re-engineer India. Nation is nothing but its people and people are the ones that make the nation and never the the way round. Ethical parenting and value based citizenship should come from individuals and not a holy book.

Point 6 - Value Quotient/Status Quo - Challenging status quo which breathes convenience and compromise and instead be willing to endure short term pain. Ethics and values dont have short cuts. Bypass is for cars and not for human beings unless ofcourse it is for the heart.


6 Pointers in which the article deals with makes absolute sense  Living with these principles can help you navigate  and reach your destination. I am for sure can rest my case and be in peace with myself if i have lived my life on these values. Value and Integrity is what matter and should be practiced not preached. I am skeptical about its implications in this world because all cant match the current expectations. Trying to be Mr Right and doing the right thing can add fuel to fire when you correct people. All you can do is stay aloof or be a part of the brouhaha knowing everything and keeping a leash on your conscience. Group of people - Country can reach its maximum potential only if all thoughts are synced. I for sure cant blame a individual person or me and i have to float in a maze of known unknowns.

I will suffer fools no matter how much i try and i have to learn a lot to tactically avoid it. You cant help it if it comes and gets you. There will never be shortcuts in values and ethics.

Road to Glory  ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................












No comments:

Post a Comment