Thursday 16 June 2016

Depression and its Roots.



                                                    I have never asked myself who i really am. It never rang a bell in my head to think about it. Who really am i is for people to think should never be the answer was my kinda thing. I remember saying dogs are going to bark, what are you going to do about it. I should know better than asking others about it and being comfortable in your own skin was my way to lead life. Over the past decade this unfortunately has not been the current trend. With this rapid urbanization/technology needs and demands have risen which i know is for sure. I am currently in the midst of it. Knowing it for sure is times better than partly knowing it. I very strongly believe in Monkey see and Monkey do. This trend will never see its end. Unfortunately i am wired into it. I am a number in the matrix and i dont see myself coming out of it. I feel that each and every human being is unconsciously wired into it. This basic entity makes us to crave attention and ask for peoples feedback/acceptance in a unconscious way. I feels roots of depression are deep in it.

                                     People falling in depression is usually because of expectations associated with he/she in life. If you cannot match up to the current trend it will definitely present itself and rub it on your face. This can present itself in many ways even if  you try your best. Altough i cannot ascertain this in every part of the world, it has its limitations. Like a tree having its roots, i feel any psychological problem is predominantly and solely on the basis of a persons mental roots. Places that are far away from modern human civilization will never get the wind of it is what i think. I generally tend to recall one day in life so vividly whenever i come across a topic related to depression. It was told to me by a fellow passenger in the train while travelling to Kerala that even if you want to stay away from depression it is never going to leave you. It will follow you and find you some way nor the another. What he was trying to say is people around you will come to you and make you feel depressed even if you dont want to. I know for sure that Kerala is one such state in India with these beautiful unique inbuilt qualities. As i kept on talking with him i was told that Kerala is the state that tops in depression in India. Many of the unemployed in Kerala are on antidepressants, which was in 2003. I really never paid much attention to it and the conversation went one from thing to another. I knew for sure that the place where you live in is generally associated with the levels of stress tension and fatigue. I really dont get why the government/people in Kerala should come up with the slogan "Gods own country". Gods own country has a growing cesspool of filth in it. Out of all the names to be chosen this is the best slogan they can come up with. If it is Gods on county does it make you special, i don t think so. I know that for sure because i would not be sublimating my thoughts on it.

                        Recently i came across a malyalam movie Puthiya Niyamam starrred by Mammoty which highlights this current problem. In one scene of the movie they were making fun of a yesteryear female movie stars depression in marriage. People even if they get and try their best will eventually find themselves depressed. To my luck after watching the movie i them got my hands on a weekly magazine which highlighted Kerala as the third highest state in India for suicides. The whole vicious event has to take place eventually and it never surprised me. Today while going through the paper i have come across another new fact which is associated with depression. Kerala now tops third in the countrywhen it comes to substance abuse followed by Punjab in the first position, This topic is so interesting now that they have come up with a movie Udta Punjab. The government had thoughts to stop screening/censor the movie which was a hot topic for debate. I get the state government point that it should not be shown in bad light because movies always leave a impression and stereotype which they are aware of. Either way the movie is going to see its light of the day tomorrow and i will be definitely going to see it.


  My tomorrows experiment with the movie is to test my hypothesis that it is the environment alone which is responsible for depression. Inorder to ease the mental agony/pain associated with it substance abuse play an important role to perform day to day activities. I may not be right but then i have come up with a theory which is Man is made up of steel and we all are Superman (Man of steel) pun intended. I dont feel stupid when i think that i am Superman. The reasons behind to back my statement is that it is the iron in the blood is responsible for production of hemoglobin. 65 % of iron in the body is hemoglobin which is responsible for bringing oxygen to the tissues. I dont need to talk about the role of oxygen in the body as it is self explanatory. One thing we all know is that we need air to breathe. Anyways the rest of the 30 percent of iron is stored as ferritin in the reticuloendothelial system.This is for sure the distribution of iron in the body and i have given tonnes of it to pregnant women as many tend to be iron deficient. I know the process of iron getting its rust is usually attributed to the air in the atmosphere. Iron oxide is rust and iron sulfide is aka fools gold. Looking at these general principles i think it is the air in the environment that can affect fellow human beings too. A human being too can get into this cycle of rusting as we have iron in the body. I know that i scavenge things that are not for any use and i have never comes across any object with steel/iron in it that has not gone through the process of rusting.

So in short my experiment for tomorrow is Hava mein udd raha hain vs Udta Punjab.

I have come across few lines today which i need to keep in mind for my tomorrows experiment,

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit - Khalil Gibran

We cheat ourselves when we cast the efforts and scholarship of someone else - James Faust

If somebody is better than you learn from them and enjoy others success. No one can all have the good qualities. Someone will always be better than you at some level. Do not whip yourself with comparison. - Swami Sukhabodhananda




                                     








No comments:

Post a Comment