Sunday 12 June 2016

Glutton for mutton

Glutton !!!!  I really dont know why being a glutton should have anything wrong in it. I have always regarded gluttony to be a part of my life style. The world always has put a label on everything, things to do and not to do. Being in this dilemma has always been a uphill task. I strongly feel that the urban and semi urban lifestyle is strongly concentrated and thrives on this concept. Having few possessions is never enough when it comes to living in this world. I have seen so many people feeling happy because mental satisfaction and therapeutic properties that retail therapy provides. As far as i feel, people are running from pillar to post to satisfy their material needs in life. Depression has deep roots in it when a person is not able to keep up with their expectations. There are quite a few people who fall prey for it when they cant attain their mental nirvana of getting what they want to get. This problem has strong roots in the concept of being a glutton. Having few things in life is never enough and vice versa. The real crux of the problem is even highlighted in movies and series like Confession of a shopa
holic, Mike and Molly, Morello in Orange is the new black. In real life too many have fallen victims to retail therapy and abundance that life has to offer. I guess Solomon in the bible got it right. Being a glutton definitely has a lot of serious consequences, no wonder they have called him the wise king.

Looking retrospectively i have seen things happening in my life, overindulgence in alcohol etc etc has given me serious consequences in life. I feel that the human body knows better when you have exceeded limits. I have a feeling that valves in the human body are something like speedbumps which keep a check on things. When valves stop working all hell breaks loose. People start to experience things that they have never experienced with minimal residual effects to their lifestyle. For a moment they are confused unless and until they see it in them which is a classic example of varicose veins, I met this guy who never knew anything about varicose veins and its implications. It really did not bother him much and he neglected it, As time passed it started to engorge which eventually put a halt in his day to day activities. I feel the same thing happens to us in life. Things in which we indulge has a check valve mechanism attached to it. Initially we dont notice it but as time passes by all what we have strived and toiled for goes in vain. All efforts were in vain and Varicose  veins i think go hand in hand. I have a feeling that there is something common in it. When we fail to acknowledge signs of failure in the check valve mechanism,we eventually halt.  How much impact this halt is going to have depends on how much a person has indulged in  his sinful desires which is GLUTTONY.

I dont think i can ever come out of this. Glutton and me go hand in hand and i indulge in it inspite of knowing the consequences it will have in my life. I feel that i am not the only one  who is in this mess. I guess wise thinkers have got many things right, but none of it is my cup of tea,. I unconsciously will indulge in it inspite of knowing it. I guess that makes me a FOOLISH HUMAN,

I know that it will eventually bite me in the ass saying i told you so. I am who i am is not who i am,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, should have been the credo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment